Offering Friendly Service And Customized Solutions

Banner of Christina R.Jenkins L.L.C. Attorney At LAW
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Divorce Modifications

Need To Make Modifications To Your Divorce Order?

Whether you settled your divorce in or out of court, you may still be able to make changes to some of the provisions in your dissolution agreement. Of course, this does not allow you to make an amendment whenever you please. But it does provide an option for when your personal circumstances require you to seek a modification.

If you wish to make adjustments to the terms of your divorce, get in touch with us today. Here at Christina R. Jenkins, LLC, we will review the details of your case to advocate for a modification on your behalf.

Reasons You May Want To Modify Your Judgement

When you and your ex-spouse agreed to end your marriage, your situation may have been different than what it is now. For this reason, you can and should file a motion to modify your divorce decree if a life event impacts the judgement you received.

Developments that may qualify for a modification can include:

  • The loss of a job
  • An increase or decrease in salary
  • A long distance or out-of-state move
  • Unexpected financial hardships
  • Failure to adhere to visitation guidelines
  • A military deployment

Because the modification process in Georgia can be complex, it is in your best interest to work with an attorney who can help you achieve results.

Get Legal Counsel To Get Started Today

We understand that as life changes, the conditions of your divorce contract may also need to change. Let us help you make adjustments that are truly beneficial to you and your loved ones.

For more information on whether you qualify for a modification and where to begin, contact our Cartersville office today. Call 770-387-7447 or email us to schedule a consultation with attorney Christina R. Jenkins. Get trusted guidance for all matters concerning family law and more here.